Netgear WiFi 6 Orbi AX5400 Setup
The Netgear Orbi Pro WiFi 6 mesh AX5400 is known to provide a fastest and reliable network. The installation of this Orbi mesh system is pretty easy. In the box of Orbi AX5400, you will find a router, an Ethernet cable, a power adaptor and a user manual guide. A satellite comes with this model as well, but you have to buy it separately. If we talk about its hardware overview, Orbi router has a Bar LED in the front and in the back you will find Sync button, 1-3 LAN ports, WAN Ethernet port, power LED, Orbi reset button and DC power connector. Now, let’s see in the below written paragraphs written on how you can complete the Orbi AX5400 setup and other related topics.
Netgear Orbi AX5400 Setup Process
To start the router, you have to connect it with the modem, so place it close to the modem. Now, connect the network cable to the WAN port of the router and LAN port of the modem. Then to supply power, use the power cord. Connect the cord to the DC power connector and plug the adaptor to a power socket. Turn on the modem and then the router. After turning it on, the bar LED light on the front of the router lights white. It means the router’s WiFi network ready for the Orbi setup.
Now let’s take a look how to reach the Orbi login page via orbilogin.com or orbilogin.net.
Access Orbi AX5400 with Computer
You have to connect the computer to the router using an Ethernet cable to access the WiFi router. Then, just follow some simple steps to log in to the Orbi WiFi router.
- After connecting the computer with the router, just open any web browser and type orbilogin.com in the address field.
- You have to make sure; you are using an updated internet browser.
- URL link will take you to the login page of the interface.
- On this page, you have to write the username and the password.
- Just use the default user manual to fill the blanks given on the screen.
- Hit the Enter key. Now, you will reach the main dashboard of the Orbi router’s interface.
From this dashboard, you can manage the settings and networks of the Orbi router. You also can update the Orbi firmware from here.
You can access the router using your mobile phone as well and complete the Orbi AX5400 setup.
Log in to Orbi AX5400 via App
You have to connect your smartphone or iPhone to the router. You have to connect using the WiFi, use the present WiFi network name (SSID) and password of the router. The network details are given on the router label. After connecting with the router WiFi network just follow the easy steps to download the Orbi app.
- You have to download the app from the Play store in your Android and App store if you are using an iPhone.
- To download the Orbi app, search it on the search bar of the play store.
- You will reach the app download page, where you will see app’s information and download option.
- Read the information and then download the app.
- Then Install the app in your device, and open it.
- On the login page, you have to enter the username and password. Use admin as the username and password as the password.
- Then tap next. You will enter the interface of the router.
- Now, you can configure the settings and network of the router from this dashboard of the router.
You can also update the Orbi firmware from this interface. Let’s see how you can update the Orbi router.
Update Firmware of Orbi AX5400
To update the Netgear WiFi router, you just have to find the settings option on the top of the dashboard, just click on it. Then you have to locate the firmware option and select it. Here, you can check the update of the firmware and if it is available then download it. After downloading it, the router will restart itself to install the new update.
Sync Orbi Router and Satellite AX5400
This Orbi pro WiFi 6 AX5400 model includes an Orbi satellite as well. But you have to buy it separately. If you have a satellite as well then you have to sync it with the router. To sync, just place the satellite 10ft. away from the router. Then connect it to a power source. By supplying power, the power LED on the back lights green. You will see the LED bar on the front of the satellite lights solid white after two minutes.
Press sync button of Orbi satellite, and then within two minutes, press the sync button of the router to sync them together. The satellite bar light will pulses white. Wait for the router to connect the satellite for approx 6 to 12 minutes.
LED bar of the satellite will light blue, it means the connection between the router and the satellite has been established. That’s how you can complete the Netgear Orbi AX5400 setup WiFi 6 mesh system.