Having Trouble Installing Netgear Orbi Router?
Are you finding it hard to set up your Netgear Orbi router like many other users out there? Have you referred to plenty other websites on Google but none of them helped you? Fret not. Read the correct steps given in this guide and learn how to perform Netgear Orbi setup easily.
How to Set Up Netgear Orbi Router?
Unbox your Netgear Orbi router. Make sure that while unboxing, no accessory gets damaged. Otherwise, you will be compelled to get your device replaced with a new one.
- Unplug the power cable from the modem and wait for 2 MINUTES.
- Connect the Orbi router to the modem with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- After this, connect the computer to the router using a cable.
- Plug in and power on the modem.
- Now, switch on the router as well as the Orbi satellite.
Note: It is recommended that you reconfirm all connections before proceeding with Orbi setup.
- Switch on your computer.
- If you did not connect the PC to the Orbi via a cable earlier, connect it wirelessly then.
How to Connect PC to WiFi of Netgear Orbi Router?
- Take the mouse cursor to the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Click on the WIFI button. A list of networks will appear with all the available networks.
- Locate the network name or SSID of your Netgear Orbi.
- Once you find it, select CONNECT. Wait for some time.
- You PC will get connected to the network of the Orbi router soon.
- Open an internet browser and enter orbilogin.com or orbilogin.net in the URL field.
- Press Enter. A screen will appear saying WELCOME TO ORBI.
- Agree to the TERMS & CONDITIONS and click NEXT.
- The DETECTING THE INTERNET page will appear with two options: YES or NO.
- Take our advice and click on the NO button.
- Another screen will appear asking if you have networking experience.
- Again click on the NO button.
- You will be prompted to set up the satellite with two options available: SKIP or NEXT.
- One or two satellite will be found.
- Enter the ADMIN PASSWORD and answer the SECURITY QUESTIONS.
- Change the WiFi password as well as the SSID of the router. Click the NEXT button.
- The Netgear Orbi Setup wizard will check the internet connection.
- After that, you will be asked to update the firmware of your device. Skip it for now.
- Register your Orbi product and wait for the BASIC Home screen to appear.
How to Register Orbi Router?
- Visit my.netgear.com and enter your Email Address and Password.
- Click Netgear Sign In > Register New Product.
- Enter the Serial Number of your router and also the Date of Purchase.
- Select the REGISTER button and hold on for some time.
In this manner, you will easily be able to complete the Netgear Orbi router setup process.
FAQs [Frequently Asked Questions]
What is the default password of my Netgear Orbi router?
Ans. The default password of all Netgear Orbi routers is password.
Can Orbi transmit separate networks (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) at the same time?
Ans. No. Separating the 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequencies into two different networks is not supported.
How many devices can my Netgear Orbi system support?
Ans. Your Orbi system can simultaneously support up to 250 clients under most conditions.
I cannot register my Netgear Orbi router during setup. Why?
Ans. You might have entered the wrong serial number which is why you cannot register the Orbi.