Netgear Orbi AC2200 Setup
Netgear Orbi AC2200 is a high-performance whole home mesh WiFi system that covers large homes with a seamless WiFi connection. This system comes with one router and two satellites. Keep reading and get to know more about the router and the satellites, their features, LED status, buttons with names, Orbi AC2200 setup steps, and much more.
Learn About Package Contents
As mentioned earlier, the Netgear Orbi AC2200 system comes with one router and twp satellite. However, along with them, there are other components in the package. They are: power adapters as well as an Ethernet cable. For the same, look at this image:
Be very careful while you are unpacking the Netgear Orbi mesh system. Avoid damaging any component in the process. The reason being, even one component gets damaged; you will not just come across setup but also other technical issues.
Orbi AC2200 Mesh System [Router + Satellite Overview]
- Ring LED light
- Sync button [can also be used to establish a WPS connection]
- Internet port [is not included on the satellite]
- Ethernet ports
- Power button as well as LED
- Power connector
- Reset button to restore the configuration settings
Netgear Orbi AC2200 Setup Process Steps
There are two methods through which the Netgear Orbi setup for AC2200 process can be executed. In this guide, we have thoroughly explained both methods in detail. Taking this into consideration, you ought to continue reading.
Web Browser Setup
It is suggested you read and implement the below-given instructions in the same manner as they are given. In case you fail to understand any step, take our advice and re-read it. Remind yourself that you have got this. In case you still find yourself in the same situation, then use the mobile app method to set up the device.
- Get down to the setup process by unplugging the modem and removing the battery in case it has one. Wait for some time. Reinsert the battery and re-plug the device.
- Access the Ethernet cable which you got in the package and connect your model to the YELLOW PORT of the router using it.
- Once you have established a strong connection between the networking devices, plug the router into a wall or electrical socket and turn it on.
- Soon the power LED LIGHT located on your networking device will become GREEN. In case it does not turn green, then you should reboot the Orbi AC2200 router.
- Place the Orbi satellite at a location which is near the Orbi router and plug them in. It is recommended that you wait for the LED LIGHT to become BLUE in color.
- Create a connection between the Orbi router and the computer you are using. Make sure that the distance between them is not that much.
- Open an internet browser and access the orbilogin.com web address. In a minute or two, the Orbi login window will come into view.
- Enter the user name and password in the required fields. Under the USER NAME field, enter ADMIN and enter PASSWORD under the PASSWORD field.
- Go through the step-by-step instructions which are given on the screen in order to complete the Netgear Orbi AC2200 setup process.
Mobile App Setup
- Go to the store on your mobile device and search for the Netgear Orbi app. From the displayed results, download it. After the installation process finishes, launch it.
- You will be asked to create a NETGEAR ACCOUNT. Create it using the required admin details and tap the Get Started button in order to proceed further.
- Select the ENABLE CAMERA AND SCAN button, and scan the QR CODE of the base of the Netgear Orbi AC2200 router. Click the CONTINUE button.
- Click the product you own as well as the number of satellites. Select the CONTINUE button. Once done, restart the existing modem.
- The next step in line is to connect the Netgear Orbi router to the existing modem. Plug the router into a wall socket. Do the same with the satellites.
- Go back to the Orbi application and create a connection between the client device and the Orbi network. Tap the CONTINUE button.
- Choose your SSID and PASSWORD, and tap the NEXT option. Thereafter, enter the admin login details and select CONTINUE.
- Answer the SECURITY QUESTIONS. You can use these questions to recover the admin details of your networking device whenever you forget them.
- Soon your Orbi router will check if it needs a firmware update. In case a new firmware is required, tap the UPDATE button and wait.
To finish the Netgear Orbi AC2200 setup process, it is recommended that you place your Orbi satellites in their permanent locations. It is recommended that you do not keep them near cordless phones, washing machines, televisions, and much more. Or else, you will face the Orbi satellite not connecting issue.